Learn About Private Equity
McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2022
Welcome to the 2022 edition of McKinsey’s annual review of private markets investing. Our ongoing research on the industry’s dynamics and performance has revealed several insights, including the following trends:
Private markets bounced back in 2021. After a year of pandemic-driven turbulence that suppressed fundraising and deal activity, private markets rebounded across the board. Fundraising was up by nearly 20 percent year over year to reach a record of almost $1.2 trillion; deal makers were busier than ever, deploying more than $3.5 trillion across asset classes; and assets under management (AUM) grew to an all-time high of $9.8 trillion as of July, up from $7.4 trillion the year before. Dollars continued to fund higher risk-return strategies in private equity (PE) and infrastructure and rotated into riskier strategies in real estate.
Other topics in
- What is Private Equity?
- What is a Private Equity Fund?
- Investing in Private Equity Funds
- Risks in Private Equity
- Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2023
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2022
- Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2022
- Fitch Ratings Special Report - PE CFOs Stable After Coronavirus Recovery
- Fitch Ratings – PE CFO Update: 3Q21
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2021
- Bain & Co Global Private Equity Report 2021
- Bain & Company Global Private Equity Report 2020
- McKinsey Global Private Markets Review 2020